Welcome to our breakdown of the best lightsabers for dueling in 2023! If you’re a Star Wars fan and a budding Jedi Knight, then you know that a reliable lightsaber is essential for both training and real-life duels. But with so many different options available, it can be difficult to know which one is the best choice for you.
In this post, we’ve compiled a list of the top lightsabers for dueling, taking into account durability, design, and price. Whether you’re a seasoned pro looking for a new weapon or a beginner just starting out on your Jedi (or Sith) journey, we’ve got you covered.
If you don’t feel like reading, here are some quick links to the lightsabers below:
- JVMUSABER Light-Saber Metal-Hilt Force-Fx Dueling-Double-Lightsaber
- YDDSABER Jedi Sith LED Light Saber, Force FX Heavy Dueling
- ELESKOCO Motion Control Dueling Light Sabers Smooth Swing
- X-TREXSABER Light Saber FX Dueling
- Force FX Elite Star Wars Black Series Ahsoka Tano Lightsaber
These lightsabers are made with excellent durability in mind, superior materials, and have a wide range of color options. They are suitable for both children and adults and have proven to be able to withstand long dueling battles. The batteries last a long time and the blade is able to be silenced (not sure why you would ever want to do that though).
Some owners suggest the addition of a clip mount for attachment purposes, but this can be “easily” done if you have access to a 3D printer. Overall, these lightsabers are highly recommended for those looking for a fun, durable lightsaber for dueling.
- 2-IN-1 SABER – The connector allows for two blades to be joined together to create a double-edged sword. Both the blade and handle can also be taken off.
- Good Battery
- No clip for hip attachment
This lightsaber from YDDSABER is also very durable. The metal hilt is sturdy and should hold up well for a few years at least. The blade light is also very bright, and the sound quality is good. One thing to note is that you cannot change from the color that you purchase. So if you want a lightsaber with multiple colors, this may not be the product for you. The lightsaber also doesn’t come with instructions.
Another thing to note is that the lightsaber does not automatically make contact sounds when it is clashed against something. Each time you want it to make a “clashing” or contact sound, you just press the power button once. It does, however, make the lightsaber “whoosh” (is it a whoosh?) noise on its own when you wave it around.
While it is a durable saber, common sense should still be taken when using it for dueling. It’s durable, not indestructible.
While it may not be top of the line for hardcore Star Wars fans, it’s great value for the price.
- Durable with a metal hilt
- Bright light and good sound quality
- Only available in the color purchased
- No instructions included
- Does not automatically make contact sounds
This lightsaber offers a variety of sound effects that are authentic and realistic, making it extremely immersive to wield. The blade also has a wide range of light colors to choose from, allowing users to customize their lightsaber to their desired look. The blade is made with durability in mind, making it suitable for dueling use. The price of the lightsaber is also reasonable, making it a good value.
One potential drawback of the lightsaber is that the balance is not ideal for fast spinning.The button on the hilt is also prone to being accidentally pressed during spinning. Additionally, the process of changing settings may require referencing the instructions, which may be a minor inconvenience for some users.
Overall, this lightsaber is a great choice for those looking for an affordable and enjoyable experience.
- Variety of sound effects and light colors to choose from
- Durable blade
- Affordable price
- Balance may not be ideal for fast spinning
- Button may be prone to being accidentally pressed during spinning
- Process of changing settings may be inconvenient
This dueling lightsaber is another great option for any Star Wars fan. The handle is made of sturdy milled metal and the charge port, button, and speaker holes are all expertly crafted. When turned on, the light and sound effects are truly impressive. The sword itself is also top-notch, with realistic weight and movement sounds.
However, some users may experience difficulty powering down the blade and there is no “clashing” sound when striking an object. Additionally, there have been reports of issues with the charge port on some swords. But, the customer service team is excellent and will happily send a replacement if necessary.
Overall, the pros of this lightsaber far outweigh the cons. It’s a high-quality weapon with great power and performance, and the customer service is a major plus.
- Durable milled metal handle
- Impressive light and sound effects
- Realistic weight and movement sounds
- Great customer service
- Difficulty powering down blade
- No sound when hitting opponent
- Charge port issues on some swords
Ok so here’s the deal – the last lightsaber on this list is an option that won’t be for everyone. It’s a premium product and is more suitable for display and light play. It’s not very durable and so will not hold up in a dueling session as well as the other sabers on this list. But it is beautiful.
It has advanced LED lights and realistic sound effects that make it feel like you’re really using a lightsaber. The three-color-changing blade allows you to switch between blue, green, and yellow-green, and the metal hilt is designed to look like Ahsoka Tano‘s lightsaber from the Star Wars: The Clone Wars series. The hilt also has buttons that activate different effects like progressive ignition and battle clash sounds. The saber comes with a stand and a removable kyber crystal that you can display with or without the blade.
In conclusion, the Force FX Elite Lightsaber is a fantastic collectible that brings the Star Wars experience to life. Although, it comes at a cost and is not suitable for dueling.
- Unique features, including color-changing
- Good sound and responsiveness
- Attractive hilt with bright colors
- Not suitable for heavy dueling
- Electronics have had some minor issues
- Lightweight metal may make the lightsaber less durable
- Blade swapping and battery installation may be cumbersome.